D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrath of the River King

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Wrath of the River King Reply with quote

Okay, so obviously I'm not finished reading the ~500 page PFRPG by now, so I'm running some 4e!!! Weee! I know what a lurker is!

We'll start at lvl 4. Make characters! Wee! Tell me about them! Oooh!

The name of the hamlet you start in is Riverbend, built near the River Wilt within the Kingdom of Fellglas.

The setting is a more medieval, points of light setting, with feudal lords protecting Men from the wicked Fey (fey and thus eladrin and elves tend to be more cruel, fickle and untrustworthy in this setting). The hamlet you start in is far away enough from the center of local civilization and thus enjoys a bit of freedom as far as taxes and tribute is concerned.

So after we make up our characters, let's come up with a reason you guys are in town.

Go!

Last edited by Glammo on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lastman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popeye (pronounced po pay uh)
Human Shaman (but using Shifter-Razorclaw template)

Filthy old woman, shamelessly naked under a matted fur cloak which she rarely bothers to close.

Wears a ring in her nose, crooked from a break long ago.

Her tangled, wild, silver hair is adorned with an often-shifting but never-falling hairpin that any young, beautiful woman would be proud to wear.

Carries a gong which she strikes with one of her pendulous breasts to indicate she is about to say something important.

Lives on outskirts of town near the river, where she nurtures gar from small to enormous size.
Will

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...at which point Fargrim grows fat off their flesh!

From my earlier e-mail:

Chaedi comes from a savage aboriginal tribe of elves. Her tribe was supposedly the first tribe of elves ever to exist!! They uphold the ancient traditions of their kind, and hold them as strict ideals. Civilization? Heresy!

Fargrim's ancestral dwarven home was fuXX0red by giants. He (and possibly Nik's guy) is/are the only of his clan that survived (that he knows of)! Now he uses the skills he once needed to protect his tribe to keep himself alive, and to protect any friends (whom he counts as new clansmen) he meets along the way.

P.S. Wait, Ed, you're playing an old woman named Popeye who hits a gong with her tit? You gotta stop hoarding all the good weed. Share some of that shit. Wink
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

Lastman wrote:
Popeye (pronounced po pay uh)

Filthy old woman, shamelessly naked under a matted fur cloak which she rarely bothers to close.

Wears a ring in her nose, crooked from a break long ago.

Her tangled, wild, silver hair is adorned with an often-shifting but never-falling hairpin that any young, beautiful woman would be proud to wear.

Carries a gong which she strikes with one of her pendulous breasts to indicate she is about to say something important.

Lives on outskirts of town near the river, where she nurtures gar from small to enormous size.

Vetoing:
  1. The name (or at least its spelling)
  2. The random old person nudity
  3. The breast gong
  4. The idea in your head to use aroma therapy to bring your character to life in-game...

What else... what else... Very Happy
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Chaedi comes from a savage aboriginal tribe of elves. Her tribe was supposedly the first tribe of elves ever to exist!! They uphold the ancient traditions of their kind, and hold them as strict ideals. Civilization? Heresy!

This one's going to be fun in this setting! Prepare to roleplay! All the freakin' time!!! Wink

Quote:
Fargrim's ancestral dwarven home was fuXX0red by giants. He (and possibly Nik's guy) is/are the only of his clan that survived (that he knows of)! Now he uses the skills he once needed to protect his tribe to keep himself alive, and to protect any friends (whom he counts as new clansmen) he meets along the way.

This is also cool. Nik? Any considering to the clan thing?
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastman wrote:

I'm still not sure if you're being serious about this character, but in case you are... what do you mean by this?

Quote:

Is gar a type of fish?
Lastman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
Lastman wrote:

I'm still not sure if you're being serious about this character, but in case you are... what do you mean by this?

Quote:

Is gar a type of fish?

Yeah that line was ambiguous, sorry. I like the shifter concept but I don't want to look like a cat-person. So for flava, and not any mechanical gain, I just want to be a wildish looking human. I need to read more about the shifting, but if there's actually a transformation mechanic, I'd like her to be able to transform into the young, beautiful version of herself.

She's been urged to live on the margin of society and has some bitterness over her lack of total acceptance. She's studied healing, but can also bring the pain. She's had a hard life.

Gar = ugly, terrifying, prehistoric-looking fish. IRL they can grow to six feet, but my scant internet "research" indicates 1-3 feet is usual. People in Texas hunt the 6-footers from boats with bows and arrows.

It's pronounced Po Pay Uh but that spelling is ugly, and I can't figure out which accents to put on the Es in Popeye to make it sound like it's spelled. I could separate the letters until I figure out the accents. Po Pey'e. Hey that looks good. Po Pey'e
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay. Just seeing that name made me think you were fucking around. Wink

I'm still not allowing the breast gong. Razz
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastman wrote:
I like the shifter concept but I don't want to look like a cat-person. So for flava, and not any mechanical gain, I just want to be a wildish looking human. I need to read more about the shifting, but if there's actually a transformation mechanic, I'd like her to be able to transform into the young, beautiful version of herself.

Shifters were an Eberron race... I think they might be part lycanthrope or something. You don't have to be catlike if you don't want.

Or hell, maybe you can be some sort of feybred changeling... maybe the daughter of a hag?
Will

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I am now unable to get the phrase "pendulous breasts" out of my head. Thanks a lot, Ed!
Glammo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute...

• Shaman (leader)
  • Warden (defender)
  • Druid (controller)
  • Ranger (striker)

Oh, nevermind, ranger is martial. But wow, yeah, that's a lot of nature boys!!!! Did you read reviews for this or something?!?!?! GRR!

Wink
Will

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
But wow, yeah, that's a lot of nature boys!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Nah, I just knew Ed & Nik had the leader & striker roles covered, and I wanted to use defender and controller classes we hadn't seen yet. So, warden and druid. QED.

But, yeah, go us! Smile

-Will
Lastman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Po Pey'e Potrait Reply with quote

I don't know how to post a pic so here's a link to Po Pey'e

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=214092&zoom=4
Lastman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Glammo wrote:
But wow, yeah, that's a lot of nature boys!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
-Will

Four Horsemen:
Ric Flair
Tully Blanchard
Arn Anderson
Ole Anderson (then Lex Luger, then Barry Windham)

We need some Fabulous Freebirds:
Michael Hayes
Terry Gordy
Buddy Roberts
Will

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed:

That is pretty much exactly what I pictured, yeah. Except with more...pendulosity.

ETA: Bah, they don't like me linking directly to their image apparently. Oh well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: