D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why half-elves aren't better than humans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Why half-elves aren't better than humans Reply with quote

Humans get an extra at-will power from their chosen class.

Half-elves get to choose an at-will power from a different class, but they must use it as though it were a per-encounter power.

So it's all good, and Nik can end his nerd rage. He is fatigued until the end of the encounter.

-Will!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAWR!!! look at mister fancy pants and his 4e rule books!!!

nerd rage dwindling...power level dropping...must find new source of outrage soon....
Glammo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quakemonkey wrote:
must find new source of outrage soon....

5th edition 2009! And they sell the intellectual property rights for the mind flayer and beholder to Disney!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I am whole again!!
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: A Family Experience for all the Family! Reply with quote

Miff the Mind Flayer: Oi, gov'! For all thoses eyes, can't you see? Stop minding the lost gem of Avandar, Princess Geraldo needs us more than eva!
Beholdy: But I'm so close! I can taste it... I can almost see my dreams come true! Now if you don't mind, can you step out of the way?
Miff: But she's in dain-ja! They're gonna take her away forever! Come on! Whaddaya say, pal? Cans we go on another adventure, jus' for ol' times sake?

(dramatic orchastra plays that will be a track named "Friendship Forever" on the movie's soundtrack)

Beholdy: ...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh, put 'er there, chum! I can never say no... to a.......... friend?
Miff: Friends indeed! Hi ho! Er... wait, put 'er where exactly? Ye ain't got no han---
Beholdy: I know, I know! 'nuff wit it already 'bout the no-hands! I've every mind to see you to your-------

Ugh. Let's just cut that off right there.

The children are laughing, but only because it hurts too much to do anything else.
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Why half-elves aren't better than humans Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Half-elves get to choose an at-will power from a different class, but they must use it as though it were a per-encounter power.

Anyway, yeah. And from what I can tell, not too many at-will powers are so great as encounter powers, too.

I thought maybe eyebite might be nice for a half-elf rogue, though, since it can make you invisible to the target.

Idunno, it might be worth cross-examining classes. But I'll let the Char-Op people do that. Smile

Edit: When WotC makes new classes down the line, it might be worth revisiting this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: